Jolene Struebbe, Beautification Chair
North Avondale Litter Report
As promised I wanted to share a photo from Xavier’s Community Action Day this past October of all the wonderful students, faculty, and families that came out to help North Avondale. Thanks again!!
I’ve also taken time this past month to create a map of all of the streets Keep Cincinnati Beautiful has record of Adopt-a-Spot volunteers in North Avondale. I had to guess at some of the walking routes, so this might not be 100% accurate.
Feel free to update the map with your actual route if you’d like! Here’s a link https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1twu07MgFpkb2YfmHSbddME3tGhVuAxGV&usp=sharing to the map. It should allow you to edit.
I also want to say a special thanks to Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Beta Eta Chapter, The Schilling Family, “the Magic Three”, “A Friend and Advocate”, Vivian and James Anater, and our Wedgewood Neighbors! Thank you so much for your hard work! Remember to log your results with KCB here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdXXgorJNp8b3hFAhr-laV_1FMLD4-gJDCrXBWwPkJLKn9X-Q/viewform so they know how great we’re doing! Thanks guys!
With the weather cooling down I know it can be harder to get outside, but let’s do our best to not let the litter build up! You can Adopt a Spot here- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScF9bChthOemGq8BjFxd2M2SRy0Yt5QQo28tOBnleCPftdI6g/ to view form.
Thanks again to everyone who has signed up!”
Your neighborhood Litter Chair, Coral Weigel
NANA Community Gardens
As 2021 comes to a close I would like to thank our NANA gardeners and garden captains for their hard work in our community gardens this past year.
In no particular order:
- Richard Jackson for his work as captain of Victory Parkway/Dana Triangle park, the Dana Roundabout, and various gardens near the roundabout.
- Sarah Koucky as our Seasongood captain and her Wednesday helpers, Ann Wong and Emily Harten. Look for new Parks plantings in the center circle in the weeks to come.
- Susan Kenford, our new Marion Park captain – look for some additional plantings by the Park Board in the weeks to come.
- Carolyn Gillman as captain of the garden near the North Avondale sign, and to Ann Wong for helping me to plant the new lime green Heuchera there. Look for a surprise in the spring, thanks to Carolyn.
- Captains Terri Byczkowski and Megan Rothe for taking on the Washington Triangle and to their crew for the renovation of this garden, and to Cecil Thomas for his invaluable help in getting water to this area.
- Beth Ewing as captain for the garden at the entrance of the Rec Center in memory of Pamela Smitherman
- Charlene Morse as captain of the Kessler memorial on Clinton Springs at the street entrance of the North Recreation Center.
- Mary Piper captain of the Asmann garden and flower beds at the Dana Triangle.
- To all those who helped us during the year, including Xavier students on our October Garden workday.
Please extend a sincere thank you when you see your gardening neighbors who have helped to make out community more beautiful in everyway.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Judy Evans, NANA Community Gardens Chair