Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love of community and how that love brings people together. NANA has partnered with The Ronald McDonald House to share our hearts in the form of Valentine’s Day Baskets for the 40 families who are currently residing at the home. These families come from all over the country to seek treatment for their children. It is often a stressful time filled with worry, but our community has an opportunity to lift their spirits and bring them hope this Valentine’s Day!
We need 40 Baskets but are able to take more if we get additional interest.
Here are the basket instructions:
- All candy or treats will need to be unopened and/or wrapped in a sealed container.
- We encourage kids to take part in the activity by making handmade Valentine cards to write words of encouragement.
- Please wrap basket in cellophane in order to keep items intact during transport.
- No monetary items are allowed
- For ideas: Suggested solutions at Target include everything from small packages of veggie straws, gluten-free cheese puffs, to mini stuffed animals and candy. Since sugar is not always the best for those fighting chronic illnesses maybe including sugar-free treats along with some sweets, little favors or decorations, etc. would be welcome.
If you or your family is interested in making a Valentine’s Day Basket, please contact NANA Board Member & Events Chair, Morgan Rottinghaus and include your:
- contact phone#
- indicate if you prefer text over email
- how many baskets you will make
- Email Morgan Here
- For more information or to talk to Morgan call 917.683.0349
- Drop off location : Rottinghaus Residence 965 Lenox Place Cincinnati, OH 45229
- Drop off Date: No Later than February 8th @ 8pm
If you are not able to make a basket, donations for this project are appreciated. click here to donate
Check “Other” and write “valentine’s baskets”