The North Avondale Neighborhood Association (NANA) is the neighborhood organization active for over 60 years. It is composed of a group of committed citizens dedicated to preserving and improving the quality of life in the neighborhood. It meets regularly the 2nd Tuesday of each month and publishes a monthly newsletter.
Actively preserve and enhance the living experience in our neighborhood.
Cincinnati’s Best Address: Beautiful homes, Great Neighbors and Civic Passion.
Committees (2022 active*):
Adopt a Class
• Adopted kindergarten class at South Avondale (North Avondale’s neighborhood school)
• Care for numerous flower beds and planters in the neighborhood
• Litter control
• Neighborhood Cleanup Days
• Work on environmental and water issues (See MSD information under City Resources from August 2012 meeting)
• Collaborate with neighboring communities to create wild life awareness (coyote issue) and work with the City to understand the applicable laws and monitor any changes.
Health & Wellness
• Plan and implement WeTHRIVE! initiatives for a healthier community
*Law & Safety
• Monitor the Chronic Nuisance Ordinance and problem properties.
*Master Plan Update
*Membership & Social Events
• Promote membership
• Monitor database & website
• Plan social events for the community
Pedestrian Safety Ad Hoc
• Subcommittee of Law & Safety
• Works on making sure the neighborhood is maintaining the quality expected.
• Sub committees are Streets & Urban Forestry
Reading Road RFP Ad Hoc
- Working on developing the property on Reading Road between Avondale Ave. and Barry Lane
• Work with students and landlords on safety and quality property issues
• Meet on the first Thursday of each month at the District 4 Police Station
• Guide, research and work on grants and development in North Avondale with an emphasis on the business district and zoning.
- Welcome New neighbors
- Research and make sure zoning is upheld in North Avondale.
- Develop and maintain relationship with the City.
To Sign up click on Contact NANA (on the left) and fill out the form or call the NANA Office at 513.401.5356