We’re officially launching the Community Budget Request (CBR) process for FY 2024-2025! Community Budget Requests are an exciting opportunity for your community council to seek City funding for a variety of eligible neighborhood projects. Community councils may submit up to three projects as part of the Community Budget Request process. In response to feedback from Community Councils, the portal will be open a month earlier, to allow more time for communities to develop budget requests. However, this may require Community Councils to meet and discuss their CBRs in August and September, 2022.
Community Budget Requests Basics
For more information, please see the FAQs below.
- Each community council can submit up to three project requests during the FY 2024-2025 CBR process.
- Projects should provide consistency language with Plan Cincinnati (Plan Cincinnati 1-pager attached)
- You can see a complete list of submitted and approved CBRs in the City’s Approved Biennial Capital Budget. Here is a direct link to the approved biennial capital budget for FY 2022-2023. The CBRs are included as an appendix and start on page 301.
- Upon submission, the department assigned to your project request will review and consider the feasibility of your proposed project.
- The City Manager will provide a recommendation on each CBR received in the City Manager’s Recommended FY 2024-2025 Budget, which is anticipated to be released to the Mayor/City Council in May 2023. Note: Fiscal Year 2024 is July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024.
Community Budget Request (CBR) Process | Frequently Asked Questions:
Plan Cincinnati Vision:
If you have suggestions: email email@example.com or come to the July or August (CBD Planning) General Meetings