●Check out these Winter School Break Camps:
Winter Survival Skills for Tweens | Avon Woods Nature Center | Ages 9-14 |
Saturday, December 10, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Embrace the outdoors this winter by learning a few survival skills at Avon Woods. We’ll learn how to build shelters entirely from natural materials, start a fire in the cold and identify winter wild edible plants.
Winter Camp | LaBoiteaux Woods Nature Center | K-3rd Grade |
Tuesday, December 20, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Let’s learn how animals survive the winter with crafts, animal talk, hike, games and more!
Blizzard Blast | Trailside Nature Center | K-3rd Grade |
Wednesday, December 21, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Bring on the snow! Join in on the fun and go exploring, play seasonal games, get creative with arts and crafts or relax with a story. It will be snow-much fun!
ICE AGE! | California Woods Nature Center | K-3rd Grade |
Thursday, December 22, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Ice Ages are back for a day of adventure. Explore outside with your stone age family, sneak up on animals, find their homes, and spot signs of ancient ice. Play group games, help make a glacier, make a prehistoric beast craft and get up-close and personal with our smaller live critters.
Winter Wizards | Caldwell Nature Center | 2nd-6th Grade |
Wednesday, December 28, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
This one-day camp for young witches and wizards will be spellbinding with science experiments, games, animal encounters, crafts, and more wintertime fun in this nature and magic focused camp.
Tribal Nations of the Ohio River
Did you know that the word “Ohio” comes from the Seneca name for the Ohio River, Ohiyo, which means “it is beautiful”? Click to read more
Visit native-land.ca/ for an interactive map of native lands.
North Avondale Recreation Center
617 Clinton Springs Ave. 513.961.1584
- Fall Hours: open Monday through Friday 10am to 8pm
- Next North Avondale Barbershop talk series on October 24 from 6pm-9:00.
- Senior Knitting & Social Group: Monday, 12:00 to 1:30 membership required
- Beginner Open Pickleball on Monday afternoons from 12 to 2 and Wednesday mornings from 10am to noon.
- Membership required
- Tai Chi class Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. Membership required plus fee $50 per month, $7 per class
Nialani Robinson, Community Center Director
Hirsch Recreation Center
3620 Reading Road
- Hours: Monday & Friday 12:00 pm to 8:00pm; Tuesday & 10:00 am to 8:00 pm; Friday 12:00 to 9:00pm; Saturday 9:00 am to 2:00pm
- Free La Soupe Frozen meals available Wednesday after 2:45 pm until gone. This is for anyone who may need a meal in our surrounding community.
- Please call 513.751.3393 for availability.
- Spin Class Monday & Wednesday 5:30 to 6:30pm Please reserve your bike ahead of time.
- The Fade/Game Room Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 6:00 to 7:30 ages 8 to 17
- A1 since Day 1 Saturday 12:00 to 1:00 12 to 17 years old
- For more information on these programs and other programs Click Here for Program Guide
Taren Carr, Service Area Coordinator