The April meeting began with an exercise to identify North Avondale’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
At the May meeting, the Master Plan team discussed the upcoming meeting with the City Planning Department, organized into focused groups and discussed outreach. These are the six sub-groups by category:
- Transportation, Environment (Green Plan), Safety (Pedestrian, noise)
- Zoning (Urban Overlay, Business, Transportation Corridor)
- Community Development Vision. Growth & future targets (select out year 2030, 2040, 2050)
- Community assets (School, Churches, Parks, Green Space, recreation, historic, architecture)
- Master Plan production (Maps, demographics-City contributions)
More participants are needed as either team members or subject matter resources. Anyone who would like to participate or be a resource to the sub-groups should contact the team at email@example.com
The Master Plan (MP) team will be meeting on the first Thursday of the month at the North Avondale Recreation Center from 7:00pm-8:00pm through September.
View the 1995 and 1974 North Avondale Master Plans in addition to other community plans at the City Planning and Engagement archive of approved plans.