Luminary is still on as planned for this evening, Sunday, Dec 10, from 6pm until 9pm. We think the rain will be over. Many volunteers were all over North Avondale Saturday morning delivering Luminary kits with pea gravel which was a late switch from sand that was too wet. Thank you everyone for your patience!
There are six stops you don’t want to miss as you’re strolling through the neighborhood. If you can’t get enough of s’mores, you are in luck with five neighborhood stations of fireside s’mores sampling.
- 4100 Rose Hill – DeJong-Williams – Fire pit with s’mores and carriage rides
- 4025 Rose Hill – Sarah and Jason Rich, creators of Candy Cane Lane. Don’t forget to bring your letter to Santa to mail to the North Pole. Kids who include legible addresses will receive a personalized reply by mail.
- 1041 Lenox Pl. (Corner of Winding Way) Schickli and Beiting – Fire pit and s’mores
- 3981 Lowry – Humans – Fire pit and s’mores
- 3973 Red Bud Ave – Ohlinger-Prays – fire pit and s’mores
- Spring House Lane – Nelsons – Fire pit and s’mores in the cul-de-sac
NOTE: Today’s forecast is chilly but dry. While there is no rain in the Sunday forecast, Carolyn will notify Luminary captains and households at 4pm if the event is moved to December 17 due to a change in the weather. No news will be good news as she will only reach out if the event is postponed.
Questions? Call Carolyn Gillman at 513-284-2298